Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 12: Slush (Or...The Reason School Was Canceled)

At 5:30 this morning, my father turned on the light (unusual since Wednesdays I don't get up until at least 6:30 or 7:00). Apparently, I missed the phone ringing, informing us that school would be canceled. At the time, there was a good inch or so of snow. By 9:00, there was none.

Mother Nature, it seems, played a trick on us. She gave us snow and even canceled school for the day, then began to rain and melt all of the fun away. By lunch/dinner (whatever meal 4:00 is when you don't eat breakfast until 11), absolutely no snow could be found. There was more slush in my slushy than on the roads.

Apparently, I should have used this time wisely by finishing my book and ten page paper for English class. Instead, I took down the Christmas tree, practiced hair and makeup for tolo, and went grocery shopping. I know, lots of fun. So now it is Wednesday night (apx 10:00 pm) and I have two (maybe two and a half) paragraphs finished of my essay and an entire chapter left to read, all due Friday. I am officially a procrastinator. Yippee!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment