Friday, January 7, 2011

January 7: Pit, Basketball, and the Parking Lot


I suppose this isn't really about pit, or basketball, or even the parking lot. Really, I guess, this is about today's laughter. Maybe I was perpetually in the state of being so tired that everything was funny today. I don't know. But life definitely seemed entertaining to me today.

For example, during lunch, Jonathon looked over at me with a straight face. For some reason, this makes me smile every time (wow, that kind of sounds sappy...but it's true, I do). This time, though, the smile turned into a laugh and I honestly have no idea why. But before I knew it, I was unable to control my laughter.

After school, my day consisted of pit orchestra rehearsal (listening to "Hell, Little Girl" and realizing the hidden connotations with the song). Then, it was off with Scotty, Bailey, and Elle to Panera for diner, Jamba Juice for desert, and Borders (the kingdom of anything and everything that could ever be funny). Afterwards, we went to the basketball game (which we barely lost in overtime due to a score with like 30 seconds left on the clock). I hung out with the band, which is always fun.

But most of the fun of today could be found hanging out with Elle and Scotty in our car talking about everything from Eric Whitacre to creepy stalkers for probably an hour. And of course, getting into his car, Scotty pressed the alarm button, making my life absolutely complete an full of laughter. Today was a great day, consisting of tired laughter and wonderful acts of friendship. And of course, Tide Pride.

No comments:

Post a Comment