Monday, January 3, 2011

January 3: Pit Orchestra (Let the Fun Begin!)

Voila! C'est mon harpe!
Today was the first day back at school after winter break and therefore a day of celebration. It is, officially, the beginning of pit orchestra season. Today was only a meeting (the music still hasn't arrived *gasp*), but it marks an important step in what last year quickly became my favorite time of the year. I know I won't be saying this a couple months ago when rehearsals last until 11:00 at night or even later, but the business of these next couple months is ideal. I actually quite enjoy the pressure and, most importantly, the music. It's a sweet life, I know.

Anyway, I feel it appropriate to take the time now to introduce you to my baby. This (pictured to the left) is Pierre. He is French. My favorite song to play on him is also French (the first of Les Six Noëls by Marcel Tournier). Even the copyright is written en français. Today, I received the great duty of tightening his strings because it's been icy outside and Pierre hates when the temperature reaches the extremes. You may be able to see that the front door to the house is nearby as well. Pierre hates this too. I know because the 5th octave A slips out of tune every time someone leaves the door open (poor baby). This view, by the way, is what I see as I stumble through music. This is what I hope to see tomorrow as I practice my part for this year's musical, Into the Woods ... assuming the music actually arrives before school's out tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. So you actually get to play a part in the musical? (like for realsies?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I do. For realsies. I'm so freakin excited. :D

    ReplyDelete