Thursday, January 13, 2011

January 13: Luck

Luck is a strange thing. The moment you're able to recognize its form, it changes. For example, today my day began absolutely lucky. Despite leaving home late, we were able to arrive at school before Sherri's bus had even arrived, giving me ample time to visit with Hayzle. Most importantly, the due date for my English paper, which remains unfinished, was pushed back until Tuesday. In water sports, my water polo team was able to tie in our game, despite the goalie leaving the goal and several close shots. Not to mention, I was able to see several more glimpses of the cutest boy in the whole school than I usually would...which I definitely consider to be luck.

However, the moment I realized my luck for the day, everything seemed to switch. Apparently, I may have turned in my Common App form to my counselor too late (even though I swear the website says to allow your counselor 3 days to complete any forms). My financial aid application is again on the side burner because we had to formally change my father's address (from our old address for Peter's application to our current address for mine)...but the database has yet to update the change. Then, my phone's battery died, so I decided to plug it in to the charger next to my bed, which is when I realized the cat threw up on my freshly cleaned sheets (merci Monsieur Cuddles).

Today has been a day revolving around luck: both the good and the bad. I just hope not to find myself stuck with ugly luck as well. And, who knows, maybe now that I've recognized my bad luck, it'll change to good again?

(btw, the picture is of a Greek bracelet from my grandparents. In Greece, the eye (like on the beads) represents luck. Thus, this is my lucky bracelet...which I apparently should have been wearing all day today.)

No comments:

Post a Comment