Wednesday, January 5, 2011

January 5: Sleep, Please?

It's 8:30 in the evening and I'm already in my pjs. This can mean one of two things (either I'm sick or I'm exhausted). I suppose I should be thankful that it is the latter, but I'm too tired to be.

Yesterday was so mentally frustrating, so emotionally draining, so physically demanding, getting to bed at nearly midnight (with homework not yet entirely finished) was probably a bad idea. This morning, I had to leave the house at six thirty so we could take my mother to physical therapy and my sister to her band meeting (my sister has no idea how much I love her that I am willing to sacrifice my sleep so she can fulfill her responsibilities). Pretty much, I got to school a full hour and a half before class started (thank goodness, then, that I had homework left to finish). I don't mean to complain; I know that there are plenty of people (students and teachers alike) who arrive even earlier than I. However, in combination with yesterday's tiring annoyance, last night's lack of sleep, and today's moderate level of business, I could not help but long for sleep.

By the way, the today's picture is of my bed, complete with pillows, comfy blankets, and stuffed animals. Pictured from left to right are Pinky the teddy bear, Squirt the Hawaiian sea turtle, and Robespierre the murderous poodle.

No comments:

Post a Comment